Brought to you by science
We invest in research
To prove the impact on human health and document the mechanisms, we lead a rich program of preclinical and clinical studies around Human Natural Oligosaccharides. Independently, and along a substantial network of more than 40 research and strategic partners.
These include how our human milk oligosaccharides increase the amount of healthy bacteria in the intestines, improve the intestinal barrier and immune function, and promote better health in connection with various other disease areas. Furthermore, we specifically investigate the effect of our Human Milk Oligosaccharides on obese children and and patients suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.
Proven results for infants
In infants, our Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) have been shown in a clinical study1 to:
- Be safe
- Increase beneficial bacteria and reduce pathogens, much like mother’s milk does
- Reduce lower respiratory tract infections by 43% and bronchitis by 63% in the first year of life2
- Reduce the use of antibiotics and fever medication as compared to standard infant formula
Proven results for adults
In adults, our Human Natural Oligosaccharides have been shown in a clinical study3 to:
- Be safe, even at high doses
- Increase beneficial bacteria, in particular bifidobacteria.
Making more variants available
There are around 200 different types of human milk oligosaccharides. Our research and development team, consisting of more than 30 employees, are developing a pipeline that represents more than 75% of all HMOs.
1. Puccio, G. et al, "Effects of Infant Formula With Human Milk Oligosaccharides on Growth and Morbidity: A Randomized Multicenter Trial"; J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2017 Apr; 64(4):624-631
2. Puccio, G. et al, (2017)
3. Elison, E. et al, (2016)